As I see it...

I appreciate...my wonderful husband, my loving cats, my pretty stable life, courtesy, generosity, kindness, serenity, Manolo Blahnik, Neiman Marcus, M.A.C. cosmetics, our freedom, wisdom, gratitude, learning, teaching. I don't appreciate...bad-ass kids being raised by bad-ass parents, people who don't learn from their mistakes, bad odor, cheap clothes, bad tippers, women who think dick is the answer to all questions, bad designer imitations.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Rock on Witcha Badself!

Went to see sexy Meshell Ndegeocello on Friday night at Zanzibar Blue with Mel, our friend Rob, and Rob's friend Fran. The chick rocked! Although they sat us like ready-to-slaughter cattle at the joint, and even though the people who sat to my left were annoying as hell, I still had a blast. Meshell and her band played 5 songs, and yeah, I felt cheated b'cuz for real, for real, nothing but the whole night would've been good for me, but I suppose the event was fairly priced.

The entertainment was wonderful and our company was great. I really wish I could say the same for the food. What the hell happened to the cuisine?!?! I don't remember ever thinking that the food was horrible at that place in the handful of times I've been there. As a matter of fact, when Steph was here a couple of years ago, we had dinner there with her and B.J. and I remember complementing their food. On Friday night, I had the crab cakes which were not awful, but for $25, they could've given me larger pieces. Mel had the chicken with the jambalaya which he absolutely hated. Then for dessert, I had the tiramisu and Mel had the creme brulee. The tiramisu to me tasted more like key lime cheesecake and Mel said the same thing about his. We left the joint thinking we'll never go back there for the food. Maybe for the entertainment, but never, ever for the food. Is the place really that bad, or are our tastes just getting better? Hmmm..

Afterwards, we went to our favorite shaky-butt place, the Crazy Horse Too. Our fave server, Ruby, was there and so was our favorite lap accessory, Vivian. She looked really nice as always. I'm telling you, that girl can get it! Mel and I had a blast like always, and it seemed like Rob and Fran did as well.

Well, I really gotta get started on this stupid Leadership paper that was due almost 2 weeks ago so 'til lata!

1 Comments:

Blogger Special Info said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home